Wednesday, December 10, 2008

TIRED......

I am so tired, today has been so stressful. I didn't sleep well last night in anticipation of Jeff's shoulder surgery today. I woke up in a bad mood, and so did he. We fought all morning. Not really the way you want to go into surgery. I was being a stubborn and not very supportive wife. I even left him in the surgery waiting room, I just couldn't handle the silent treatment, and of course he didn't want to discuss any problems at the time. I was pissed, and wanted to hash it out. Well, really I think I was just pissed that I had no control over anything at that point. Igf you know me well you know me not having control is hard for me. The thought of anything happening to him made me cry and I asked the nurse if I could go back in the prep area again. I went back hugged him and said "I love you, I really don't want you going into surgery like this." So all was good we held hands we laughed I think i made him more at ease like I should have from the beginning. Surgery was at 10:30 he didn't go in until 12 and we left and were home around 2:30. It was a long day from 9-2:30 at the hospital, and after with him all druggy he apologized and said "I love you, you are so good to me. I am so sorry for my selfish asshole ways." I said "Honey we don't need to talk about it now." Yes, I do, I love you and want you to know that." All he wants to do is lay and snuggle with me. He really is the love of my life and I am so grateful for all he does for me and the kids. I am very lucky to have him even with his selfish assholeish ways...LOL
Thank you all for the calls, and emails, and prayers I feel so good I know I can count on you all.

2 comments:

HeatherL said...

Awww! I'm not sure if I want to laugh or cry! That was sweet! I hope he recovers well, and that you can both get some good sleep tonight. Heather L

Minxy Mimi said...

I hope he is doing well today! I am sure he realized you were freaked out, it was nice of him to apologize.