Thursday, December 18, 2008

Today was beautiful!

So today I woke up and the snow was falling outside. It was just beautiful. I got the kids ready for school, and hopped on my wii fit, and did some yoga and strength training along with some step. After about a little over an hour of working out, I decided to get dressed and walk outside. It was cold but a nice peaceful walk. I truly live in an area of "Winter Wonderland" By the time I was done with my hike treading through over a foot of snow at least another 6 inches had fallen. I was covered in melting icy snow, and my hair was frozen over, I didn't care it was amazing. I love the time I have to spend alone working out, it gives me time to just walk or run, or whatever with just my thoughts. I don't have anyone asking for something or wanting me for anything. It is great to have me time. Women especially moms I don't think give themselves enough "me" time. I am very lucky to have a hubby who gives me all the time I need for myself, well of course within moderation. I have been working out for 54 days not in a row of course I had a couple weeks where I was ill and such. Anyway I am down 20 lbs now. It feels so good to be able to fit in clothes that were too tight, or I just couldn't get into. It feels good knowing that I have begun a life change and that my kids are eating healthier that my whole family is. I have such great friends and great family that support me through it all, and I want to say thanks and I love you all so much!



4 comments:

HeatherL said...

I think it's great that you're taking such good care of yourself! Good for you!! And the pictures were beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Good for you to carve out exercise AND thinking time for yourself. Beautiful photos! I haven't seen you in a while---wonder if I'll recognize you with the weight loss and pink cheeks from your rejuninating walks! :0)
Amy

Jess NBP said...

Wonderful pictures!!

You've been tagged, http://www.ruggratsx2.com/2008/12/awards-and-tags-nov-dec-edition.html

Minxy Mimi said...

I love it! So peacful looking!